Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, November 23, 2013

E-mail

Hola!!  Thanks for the weather forecast Dad - it has been getting stinking hot down here!  And the truck's AC is broken, so it gets pretty tough to drive around!  Think I will have to go get that fixed pretty soon here!  It got up to about 98 two days ago and this is stilll just spring time - hopefully it does not get too much hotter though!  Well, this week was just a pretty good normal week for a pensionist, haha.  Just lots of driving around!  One of the Senior Missionaries has been going around with me a little bit more though, so that has been fun.  He is kinda like my grandpa on the mission.  I have gotten to know him pretty good over the last couple of weeks.  He always sneaks me out of the office and takes me to lunch, haha.
   We had changes this last weekend so it got pretty crazy again, but we were a lot more prepared this time so it wasn't as bad.  And the day after President saw that we were all pretty tired so he invited us all over and he cooked hamburgers and we just relaxed at his house a while - that was pretty fun!  He has been awesome to have as a president. He really does love and care for all his missionaries a lot!  This week should be pretty fun too.  Thursday is actually gonna be our p-day, so that is when I will be writing.  And then Thursday in the evening everybody from the office is gonna head up to President's house to have a big Thanksgiving dinner, so that should be pretty sweet!  I definitely get a little bit of special treatment being here in the office! haha.  I hope you guys have fun going over to Carrie's for Thanksgiving!  Don't get stuck in a big snow storm going across Wyoming!!
   Yup, it was President Gonzalez that came to speak to us - he is a pretty funny guy.  I think he has given a talk in conference recently hasn't he??  Pretty crazy that Josh is already home from his mission!  That went by pretty stinking fast!  It is crazy to think that Cameron and Blake only have 5 and 6 months left!  Crazy how fast that has gone!
   My comp is gonna start driving lessons with a place this week so that should be pretty interesting!  President wants him to be driving before I leave the office, so I hope he is a fast learner!  I am kinda scared to drive in downtown Santiago with someone that is recently learning how to drive, haha.  Anyways, you guys better say lots of prayers for me when that starts!!
   And for Christmas, well the only thing I can really think of that would be sweet would be some of those blue diamond flavored almonds!  One of the senior couples brought them from the states and man they tasted good!!  Oh, and a United States soccer jersey would be pretty sweet!  I have no idea which one or how much they cost, but that would be pretty cool if you could find anything like that.  And about the CD - we can play CD's. I can put them on the computer here in the office and put them on my ipod and stuff.  And musical instruments.  Well I guess we could!  There are some people that have them here.  Hey, how hard is the harmonica??  To play like some hymns or something??  Elder Harman has a violin and we heard a sweet harmonica -viloin duet.  Does it take a while to get kinda good? 
   Well, everything is going pretty good here - still happy and just chugging along here in the office!  I hope everyone is doing good back home!  It is great to hear from ya!!  Have a great week this week!!

Elder Moser

No comments: