Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Sunday, December 1, 2013

E-mail and photos

November 30, 2013

Hola!  Sounds like everything was going good for your Thanksgiving down in Greeley and everything!  Glad the weather was nice for you guys on the way over!  I said I was gonna write home on Thursday, but we ended up being over at President's way longer than we thought!  It was an amazing day though.  Probably one of the coolest I have had on the mission.  We took a bunch of pictures, but we are running a little late today, and don't have too much time, so I might be able to send some a little later tonight.  The Thanksgiving dinner we had turned out to be quite the deal!  There were 15 of us in total - the married couples, the four office elders and the four assistants, and then President and his wife and son.  We thought it was gonna be something small, but there was nothing small about it, haha.  It was actually super good - tasted and felt like I was back in the states!  We had turkey and ham and mashed potatoes and the Sisters even pulled through and made some homemade stuffing for us, haha.  It was good stuff! Then I made some "Better than the Book of Mormon" cake to go along with some pies and stuff for dessert - turned out pretty dang good!  Then after dinner we all went to the living room and we all went around saying one thing that we were especially grateful for this year.  I was thinking lots about the one biggest blessing that I have had in my life this year and the thing that really came to my mind was my family.  I always have been very thankful for such a good family that I have, but I really didn't realize how awesome my family is until I came out here and took a look around at the real world and stuff.  So I just wanted to say thanks for being such an amazing family!  I really am very grateful for that!
   Then after that we sang some Christmas songs and then President turned on some Christmas music and we all helped decorate the tree!  It was a pretty cool feeling -  never really thought I would have an experience like that on the mission, to have a big Thanksgiving dinner and decorate a tree and stuff!  I was super lucky to be able to do that with President and his family!
   Haha, Man I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much about the car!  Sounds like you guys had it a little bit worse over there in Florida, haha.  At least there ain't a bunch of bugs everywhere!!  And that is good about the conference talks!  We still have not gotten the conference issue yet down here so I am looking forward to that!  It is always fun to study those!! 
   Well we got to get heading to Peñaflor to finish a contract, but it was great to hear from you this week!  Have a great week this week!  I love and miss you all!

Elder Moser

Photos from Sister Lewis









No comments: