Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, December 7, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hola familia!  Man, I am glad I am here enjoying the nice sunshine!!  It looks stinking cold over there!  The senior couples were showing us pictures all week of their families in Oklahoma and Texas and it was snowing and stuff!  Pretty crazy!  I actually got a pretty nice sun burn golfing today!!  It was nice to be able to get out and enjoy the fresh air a little bit on the driving range!  I have been a super white boy being in the office all the time so it was nice to get a little color to my skin!  It is good that you guys missed all the bad weather!  Got pretty lucky, looks like!!  That is pretty crazy that Gwenna is gonna retire!  She has been there as long as I can remember, hah.  That is gonna be a weird change?  Who did you end up hiring??  Should be good to go down and spend Christmas in Texas!  Looks like you guys might get to have snow for Christmas!  It has been super weird trying to get into the Christmas spirit down here, haha.  Just with it being so hot and I guess it really ain't that big of a deal down here.  There isn't that many decorations or anything - for sure does not feel like it is gonna be Christmas in a couple of weeks!  It will be weird talking to you guys with skype again!  That has come pretty fast!  It would be cool to get some more of the family on like a group skype thing if that would be possible, and  be able to talk to everyone!   My buddy uses another webchat thing called Google Hangout and he said it is easy to do a group web cam call, so that might work and be pretty cool!  I guess we would have to look into that a little.  
Well my week has been going pretty good!  We had one super late night so I have been kinda tired, but other than that one day it is been a little easier around here.  That night we didn't get to bed until the sun was already coming up though, haha.  We just had to finish some graphs for a meeting the next day so that was pretty fun, haha.  Got that part of Excel down though! 
     My comp was talking to President the other day and he said that I am gonna be in the office until the middle of February, so still got a little ways to go!  I am pretty excited though!  It should be fun!  I have been enjoying it!! haha.  Wow, so I was looking back at a few letters I have sent and I thought it was pretty funny cause the one time I wrote something in Spanish to you guys I totally messed it up, haha.  I got a pretty good laugh out of that one.  I said ¨¨come¨¨ esta me familia, haha,  Anyways pretty much saying eat haha, like I am telling you guys to eat!  I hope it was at least around Thanksgiving :)
Well here are a couple pictures of our Thanksgiving and stuff!  Hope you enjoy them!!  I hope you guys all have a great week this week!!  It was good hearing from you! :)

Elder Moser













President 





Late night. 



No comments: