Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, December 21, 2013

E-mail

    Hey guys!  I am glad you got my package - didn't  think it would get to you that quick but that is great!  And that you got all the letters sent out.  I was going ask you to do that but I think I forgot about that, so thanks for doing that for me! 
     That is good that you guys got the whole Google Hangout thing figured out.  I wasn't sure if it was gonna work or not but I am glad to hear that it is!!  Should be good!  I am excited to get to be able to see and talk to you all - should be lots of fun! :)  I think it would be the best if we could do it at like 5 my time?  So it would be a few hours earlier there for you guys - does that sound alright with everyone??  We are planning on having a big Christmas dinner with the 2 couples that are here in the office with us, so that should be lots of fun!  Some good States cooking again.  I am looking forward for that one :)  Today turned out to be a pretty sweet day.  The rest of President's family came in today from the States, so we all went over to the airport and picked them up and then we all went out to eat at a place called Johnny Rockets!  It is in the States too, hadn't heard of it before, but they sure had some good hamburgers and shakes!!  It was fun to get to know the rest of President's family.  It is funny how similar they are.  They are a pretty sweet family though, so it was a good experience!
     These last couple of weeks we have gotten the chance to teach one of the coolest investigators that I have ever heard of!  I am not sure if I have mentioned anything about him yet, but we met him when he contacted us.  We gave him a tour of the chapel and starting teaching him and stuff - turns out he is from my old ward, Rinconada, here in Maipu, but missionaries can´t go to his house because he rents a room with a family that are super anti-Mormon, so he just has to meet here in the church.  So we told President about him and everything, and he said that he just wanted us to keep teaching him and he wants us to start attending the Rinconada Ward with him, so that is gonna be sweet to be able to see all my old ward members again and everything.  This guy, Abraham, should be getting baptized here in a couple weeks, so I am pretty pumped for that.  He is such a good guy and loves everything about the church.  He understands everything perfectly, and has started to go to the MTC to practice with the new missionaries that are there and reads a ton in the Book of Mormon - just can't get enough of the church.  So that has made life pretty good lately - it has been nice to finally be able to teach at least one or two lessons a week!!  Makes me feel better for sure!  Just hope everything goes good with him and everything.
     Well I am excited to be able to talk to everyone this week!  Just let me know about the time!  I will get back on to check the day before or something just to make sure the time is alright.  Have a great week this week!  And I will see you in a couple of days!! :)

Elder Moser

No comments: