Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

E-mail and photos

November 9, 2013

Hola!  Wow, Dad, sounds like you and Mom are having a pretty good week!  And a convertible Mustang!?  Dang!  Sounds like the best part, haha.  I bet it is nice getting out and enjoying some of the nice weather down there!  You guys should come pick me up when I am done and rent a convertible Mustang so we can drive down the coast of Chile ;) haha.  It is not as fun when you have to do it in a Ford Ranger like I do right now!  But I definitely enjoy the driving a lot!  My comp does not have a license yet, so I am still driving everywhere we go.  I am liking that part a lot!  Downtown Santiago has been pretty crazy, but I feel like I will be able to drive anywhere after that! 
     Well the week has been pretty good.  It was pretty stressful because an apartment that we had for the senior couple that is coming in on Tuesday fell through, and it is super tough to find apartments there.  But we were able to do it with some miracles from the Lord!  Not sure how we were able to get it.  Usually takes a couple weeks, but we were able to find an apartment and sign the contract and finalize everything in three days - pretty sweet stuff!  That apartment has been what I have pretty much been working on all week so not too much else too exciting happened, haha.  We were able to teach the owners lesson 1 though, so that was pretty fun.  It is always really good when we have the opportunity to do that.  People just think it is so weird that a twenty year old kid is here in Chile not getting paid by the Church doing what I am doing - like taking care of all the houses and stuff.  They always ask why we would do something like this so that leads perfectly into teaching them lesson one, haha. 
     The realtor for the owners was talking to us after and starting showing us pictures of her daughter and told us she wanted us to meet her so that she could go home with us when we went home, haha.  That was kinda weird!  Definitely gonna stay away from that realtor from now on!
     It has been pretty sweet being able to learn everything I have learned from doing all this housing stuff.  I had no idea about a lot of this stuff before and it is helping me a lot to understand a lot more about the business world and stuff.  It really has turned out to be a good way to share the gospel too.  I never teach in my sector, but I am always teaching people from all over Santiago.  At least helping people get a lot better idea of what the Church is.  A lot of people have no idea and have some really strange views on the Church.  That has been something pretty interesting to see after coming out of Star Valley and Rexburg.  I can definitely understand people's views on the Church now. Helps me a lot in becoming a better missionary! 
     Anyways I hope everyone is doing good!  Have a great week this week!  It is always good to hear from ya!

Elder Moser





No comments: