Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, March 10, 2014

E-mail and photos

March 10, 2014

Hola!  Thanks for all the pictures Dad - some pretty good ones!  One of my buddies saw them and said, shoot man, your parents sure are trying to make you trunky!! haha.   Made me laugh a little bit, but man, I do realize that I miss the mountains a little bit, especially the one of snow king, and I sure am excited to strap some skis on again!!   And I am not sure what is cooler, Cayden with Steve Young or Cameron with the huge bass!!  Haha, pretty sweet pictures! 
     Well this week down here in Chile wasn't too bad.  Nothing too exciting happened, but nothing bad happened, so it was pretty good!  I was able to do divisions a few times this week.  It has been fun getting to know some of the newer elders that are coming into the mission.  I haven't really been able to get to know a lot of them really well, but those 18 year olds are doing pretty good!  Feels like these young guys are learning the language faster than us old guys did, haha. 
     There is a lot of excitement going on in the mission and stuff so that has been good.  Our numbers are way higher than they have been in the last ten years and we are shooting for more baptisms than we have had in the last ten years too.  It is cool to see how this big wave of missionaries that came in really is pushing the work forward.  I feel like the excitement is pretty contagious!  It is a good time to be a missionary!!
     Benedicto, our investigator that was an alcoholic, has been doing pretty good this week.  Still has not had a drink of alcohol, and it's been a pretty long time since he has stopped.  We are pretty excited about that, and this week we are gonna start the processes of getting him to stop smoking.  He has been able to understand a lot more about what we are teaching and he is getting pretty excited about it all.  Yesterday we taught lesson 2, The Plan of Salvation, and when we were finishing he started crying and said, "I can do it, I can make it, I will do whatever it takes to make it to the Celestial Kingdom, the place of happiness, I am sick of living in misery."  I thought it was pretty cool, and helped me realize how hard I need to be working so I can make it to that place of happiness!.
     Patricio was still on the beach all week, but should be coming back these next couple of days. 
     We also had a wedding in the ward on Friday, and then they got baptized Saturday, and it was pretty sweet.  They are awesome people and are gonna help the ward out a lot.  We had 153 people in Sacrament Meeting yesterday - think that was the biggest Sacrament Meeting I have been in here in Chile.  It was pretty cool - it is nice to be part of a strong ward again. 
     Well I am doing great in everything else.  I hope you all are doing good up there!!  I love you and miss you all!  Have a great week this week!!
Elder Moser

 Cleaning Benedicto's house - it was nasty!!

 Cooking lunch in the mud oven with Hermana Roxanna


 My breakfast every morning

The wedding

No comments: