Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, March 31, 2014

E-mail and photos

Hola!!  Sounds like you all had a pretty good weekend there in Salt Lake!  Sounds like it was pretty busy, but it is good that you guys all got to get together!  Thanks for sending all the pictures again - I always enjoy them! 
     I had a pretty good week down here in Santiago!  It was nice.  The weather guy finally hit the switch and it cooled down a bunch this week - we had to use a jacket every evening so that was a nice change!  I feel like I can work a little bit harder when it isn't so hot outside!
     It has been fun being with my old comp again.  Feels like old times again but it has been great finally being able to teach together.  Companionship unity has not been too hard for us, so now we are just trying to take out the trash in our sector!
     Well Mom, it is kinda hard to send stuff from down here in Chile, so I just decided to have a baptism for your birthday instead, haha.  Patricio got baptized Saturday, the 29th!!  It was pretty sweet!  It was actually the first time that I have baptized someone outside of doing baptisms for the dead, so it was  a cool experience for me.  All of the other baptisms I have had in the mission, members have baptized the investigators, but it was fun to be able to do it once!
     Patricio has become a pretty good friend for me down here.  I was super happy to see him get baptized.  He has changed a lot in the last 6 weeks.  We first contacted him my first week in this sector.  And he is super committed to living the gospel and stuff.  He said he decided to be baptized because he saw how happy all the Mormons are.  So it made me realize that people really are watching us, so we've always got to be a good example and be happy, cause that is what people are searching for!  Just to find real happiness!
     I am getting pretty excited for conference this week!  It is better than Christmas out here on the mission!  We actually get to watch all of it and we get to watch it in English if we want in the High Council room!  So we can drink some mate and eat food and stuff,  so it makes it nice! 
     Pretty crazy that Nathan Heiner is already coming down here - feels like he should be in 8th grade!  And Kade is leaving next week - pretty cool stuff!  It is gonna be awhile before I see that kid again! 
     Well, I will send some photos on another email, but it was great to hear from you this week!  I hope everyone is doing good!  Good luck with those braces Cameron!! :)
I love and miss you all!

Elder Moser
Baptism of Patricio










No comments: