Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

E-mail and photos

Hola!!  Woo, Drew is already a deacon?!?!  Man I am getting old!  That is pretty crazy stuff! Cayden is gonna be heading off on his mission before we know it!  I feel like the new 18 year olds that are just coming in don't look much older than he is, haha.  That is sweet that you guys are all heading down to Salt Lake for Mom's birthday!!  Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!  I hope it is a great one!  You sure do look better than most 60 year olds I have see down here!! ;) haha.
     Man I was sure happy to see the temperatures cooling down towards the end of this week.  It was a very hot week this week, one of the hottest I've felt all summer long, so I am looking forward to it cooling down a bit! 
     So I was thinking, if it is Mom's birthday this week, that means it has been two years ago this week, that I got my mission call.  That is some pretty crazy stuff!  Can't believe how fast the time has passed by these last two years.
     This week was a pretty good one - started with a baaaaaad case of food poisoning though.  I think it was Thursday the four of us missionaries ate with a member and in the middle of the night at about 2 one of the other elders called me saying that he was super sick and was throwing up a lot and just felt terrible.  After that I was trying to go back to sleep and then it hit me hard - let's just say I was in the bathroom from 2 until 7 in the morning and all day the next day in the chapel.  The other two elders that ate with us had the same thing - it was bad.  Then that night at the chapel one of the lady's sons who we ate with called us and asked if we were sick, cause he and his 6 other brothers and the dad, had been super sick all day.  We had all eaten together the day before so we kinda figured what it must have been, haha.  We had eaten a Chilean dish called parrotos con masa mora.  It is beans in this corn sauce stuff, with some meat, but man that stuff destroyed us, haha.  It was an interesting day!
     Then Saturday I had a pretty good surprise - my old comp, Elder Caballero, that I was with in the office for three changes called me up and said that president told us we could go  over to the other part of the city to visit a guy that we had been working with before - he is the really rich one that lives in a penthouse in the middle of Santiago.  So we got to go visit him and it was a pretty good day.
     Then yesterday my comp went home!  And I had a pretty big surprise about who my new comp is.  We were sitting in the changes meeting and President announced that I was going to be a Zone Leader here in Cerrillos with Elder Caballero!!  We were already companions for 3 changes, or 4 and a half months in the office, so it was a huge surprise for us, cause stuff like that sure does not happen very often.  Anyway, were are pretty excited because we became pretty good friends when we were comps before, so it should be really good!  It still feels pretty crazy that we are back together again, but I think it is gonna be lots of fun! 
     Well I hope that you guys have a great weekend up there in Salt Lake!  Sounds like it is gonna be a lot of fun!  And about coming to get me, I think it would be good if I just came home. If you guys came, I just wouldn't have any time at home or anything.  I think it will work out a lot better if I just come home, so I will just plan on that! 
    I hope everyone is doing great - have a great week this week!  Happy birthday Mom!!!


 My Zone and District

First missionary I met in Chile, now going home. 

Elder Manzano 

Elder Larsen, from Alaska.
Everybody calls us the redneck buddies. 

 All the missionaries in the Ward.

 Jose Gurrachaga and his paper city.

 Jose, his wife, Elders Moser and Caballero

 View from Jose's penthouse

 Jose's floating bed

 Sweet desk

Jose thinks I look like this cartoon character.
He bought it just for me, haha. 

Me and Jose's wild pig.

No comments: